In 2011, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention declared a prescription drug epidemic as a result of doctors overprescribing painkillers to patients. Lembke’s new book, Drug Dealer, MD, explores the origins of the prescription drug epidemic from a doctor’s perspective.
- Pains and needles: brain scans point to hidden effects of acupuncture
- From acupuncture to yoga, report updates integrative medicine therapies
- Study Finds Options to Opioids After Knee Surgery
- PCORI Board approves $10 million for new studies on reducing unsafe opioid prescribing
- North Carolina court rules against acupuncturists and for physical therapists